NH Online Sportsbook Bonuses
New Hampshire passed legislation to allow both retail and online sportsbooks in July 2019. House Bill 480 included a unique approach — competitive bidding for mobile sportsbook operators, with 10 online licenses made available. They will be awarded to the operators that can demonstrate the biggest contribution to state revenues.
An important part of how much tax a sportsbook pays is the number of bettors using its services. This means that to win a license, the New Hampshire sportsbooks will need to convince the state lottery commission that they can attract and retain bettors.
Sportsbook bonuses are key — not only when the first NH online sportsbooks launch, but to keep users coming back via promotional and loyalty benefits.
This page covers New Hampshire sports betting bonuses in depth. When the first books go live, you’ll find the bonus info and promo codes you need to get your bankroll off to a flying start right here. In the meantime, you’ll find an overview of the brands expected to operate in the Granite State — along with the types of bonuses they offer in other states.
Expected New Hampshire sportsbook bonuses
The shortlist of online sports betting apps expected in New Hampshire includes the biggest names in the industry. These brands include DraftKings, FanDuel and William Hill. By looking at their apps in states that have live online sports betting, the types of bonuses and promo deals they will likely offer can be found.
You’ll see the highlights in the table below:
- DraftKings: The biggest DFS site runs full sportsbooks in NJ, PA and IN. They offer a double bonus, with a $200 risk-free bet plus a matched deposit bonus of up to $500.
- FanDuel: The welcome bonus at FanDuel takes the risk off the table on your first bet up to $500. This has a low 1x wagering requirement.
- William Hill: You don’t need a big bankroll to take advantage of William Hill’s “Bet $50, Get $50” bonus offer. You can bet the $50 in increments, making this an easy target.
- BetMGM: This casino giant offers new bettors $25 free, with no deposit needed, to start their bankroll. If you enjoy the app, you can get a 100% match up to $1,000 too.
- BetAmerica: If you prefer the full sports betting app to horse racing, BetAmerica has a 100% deposit match bonus up to $500 available.
Other brands expected to bid for licenses are FOX Bet, theScore and Bet365.
What kind of New Hampshire sportsbook bonuses are available?
When you compare the incentives at the different sportsbooks, it is important to consider how long each bonus will last. Sign-up bonuses are short-term. They can give your initial betting bankroll a big boost — although they are essentially one-off deals. Loyalty programs work in the opposite way. These will give you ongoing rewards. Promotions can save bets, boost odds and give you rewards tied to the big sporting events.
Bonuses that look similar often have big differences when you check the terms and conditions. Play-through is the number of times you need to wager a bonus before it can be cashed. This can vary widely between brands. You should also be aware of any minimum/maximum odds rules and time restrictions.
The sections below take a look at the different types of sportsbook bonuses expected to be available in New Hampshire.
Free bet and no deposit bonuses
Many sportsbooks will offer a free bet with no deposit needed. These let the brands showcase their apps — while giving bettors a shot at starting a betting bankroll without risking their own money.
Free bets are small, in the $10 to $25 range. They are restricted to one per person and usually one per household. Some sites use bonus codes (or promo codes), while others will simply award a free bet to everyone who registers during the promotional period.
Look out for time restrictions. If a free bet needs to be used within seven days, it will not be suitable for futures bets. There are often minimum odds restrictions attached to these offers. This means you’ll need to use your bet in lines of -200 or better. Some books will have wagering requirements before any winnings can be withdrawn. Others will simply award your winnings as cash.
No-risk first bet bonuses at New Hampshire sportsbooks
You will need to make a deposit to take advantage of no-lose or no-risk first bet bonuses. This type of sportsbook bonus works by refunding your stake if your first wager loses. You can enjoy the upside without risking your bankroll.
Before you take advantage of this type of bonus, it is important to check whether your stake is returned in cash or as a free bet. If it is returned as a bet, then the deal is not entirely risk-free — as you’ll need to bet again before the money can be withdrawn. This risk can be reduced (within the terms) by wagering on a solid favorite.
Matched deposit sportsbook bonuses
Many sportsbooks will offer to match your first deposit with bonus bets. These are usually matched at 100% of your first ever deposit. Caps vary, with some sportsbooks capping their bonus at $100 and others offering $1,000 or more. Minimums start at around $20.
Matched bonuses vary in two key ways. First, you should check the wagering requirements. The best NH sportsbooks will require you to wager your bonus only once before this is transferred to your cash balance. At other books, you’ll find wagering requirements of up to 5x before withdrawals are possible.
The other key factor is time. This becomes more important if you are depositing a larger amount. Minimum (and sometimes maximum) odds restrictions may also apply.
How promotions work at online sportsbooks
Sportsbook promotions are more varied than the welcome bonuses. Many of these will appear alongside big sporting events, from the Super Bowl to the World Series. Other sportsbook promotions will repeat — for example parlay insurance or odds boosts. Some brands, including FOX Bet and theScore, tie their promotions to their media content.
Here are some examples of the types of promotions to expect in New Hampshire:
- Reload Bonuses: If you ever need to top up your bankroll, then reload bonuses will give you a welcome boost. These work like matched deposit bonuses, only for future deposits. You will find matched bonuses from 50% and up. Remember to check wagering requirements.
- Odds Boosts: Many NH sportsbooks will offer odds boosts on key matches as a regular promotion. Brands with media partners will connect these to their shows/website content — for example boosts from matches picked by FOX Sports presenters at FOX Bet. These can be single match bonuses, or combinations of two or more matches.
- Parlay Boosts: A common ongoing promotion will give you a boost to parlay win based on how many legs you include. For example, you might get a 10% boost for a successful 4 leg parlay, and a 50% boost for 8 legs.
- Bet Insurance Promotions: These can apply to single matches or parlays. A common deal is to return stakes for parlays that lose by a single leg. You will find overtime insurance, too. Here your stake is returned if your selection loses a match in overtime. No-lose bets can also be tied to specific events or given as a reward for betting on certain lines.
- Free Bets: You can earn free bets at online sportsbooks by completing wagering requirements on a weekly basis. For example, you can get a $5 bet for wagering $20. Free bets will sometimes be offered as incentives to try new forms of betting (for example in-play or cash out bets).
It can pay to bookmark the promo pages of all the New Hampshire sportsbook apps. You never know when a deal will appear for the matches you were thinking of wagering on — especially when the bigger events come around. If you choose a book based on its welcome bonus deal, and the promotions are infrequent, then your bankroll will benefit over time if you shift to an app with better ongoing offers.
Loyalty programs and why you want them
Sportsbooks have one more way to keep their bettors loyal. Comp schemes, where you get rewards based on the value and frequency of your bets, are popular across the major brands. These can be stand-alone, or tied into existing schemes at brick and mortar casinos.
Some loyalty schemes are flat rate. You simply earn points and exchange them for free bets. Others are tiered, giving you bigger incentives as you wager more. There are also novel schemes. For example, FOX Bet ties in with “Stars Rewards.” Here you get chests that open to reveal bonuses based on the types of bet you place.
Making a deposit to get the match bonus
Most sportsbook bonuses require you to make a deposit. You’ll be able to deposit via the sportsbook apps, or via their websites. Regulated sports betting means you’ll be able to deposit using familiar payment options used for purchasing goods and services online. You can deposit with confidence from anywhere within state lines.
Deposit methods include your bank cards, bank transfers and third-party wallet systems. Here are the main choices:
- Bank Cards: You can use Visa, MasterCard and other brands of debit/credit cards in exactly the same way you’d make any online deposit at sportsbooks. In other regulated states, bigger brands have created their own prepaid debit cards. These allow for both deposits and withdrawals.
- Bank Transfers: Direct transfers from your bank account to online sportsbooks work in three ways. You can use ACH transfers (also called “e-Checks”), bill pay or bank wires. If you get pre-verified, eCheck transfers are instant. They can also be used for withdrawals.
- Cash: With no brick and mortar casinos in New Hampshire, the casino cage payment option popular in other states is not available. An alternative is to use the “PayNearMe” system at the cashier of 7-Eleven convenience stores.
- Wallet Services: For even more security, third parties offer online wallets. Examples include PayPal, Skrill and Neteller. You load these from your bank, then use them for deposits and withdrawals. Electronic wallets charge small fees for these transactions.
Many of the biggest and best sports betting brands will go live in New Hampshire at the same time. As a sports betting fan, you’ll be in a great position to take advantage of the competition between them to sign up new bettors.
There will be a choice of free bet, matched welcome bonus and no-lose free bets to take advantage of. You will also be able to enjoy promotions, themed around major sporting events or offering different types of ongoing incentives.