Online Casinos In New Hampshire
When New Hampshire’s bill H 480 became law in July 2019, it only covered sports betting. Online casino, poker and other forms of gambling were not part of this legislation.
However, bettors in the Granite State have some options for online casino games, which are nationwide sites that use sweepstakes gambling rules.
As you’ll read below, the enticement of bigger tax revenues following a successful rollout of sports betting may bring online casino games in New Hampshire in the future.
This page covers both current and future legal options for casino games in New Hampshire.
You will find information on how to access, deposit and enjoy sweepstakes casinos, and how a regulated casino scene may look in the future.
Are online casinos legal in New Hampshire?
At the moment, the only law regulating gambling is for sports betting. New Hampshire hasn’t even discussed online casinos and its not known whether the state will ever host regulated casinos.
New Hampshire players can legally play online sweepstakes games.
Two online casinos offer slots, plus limited table game options around the country.
Chumba Casino and LuckyLand Slots operate legally everywhere except for Washington state and Washington, D.C.
Sweepstakes are legal because it doesn’t cost you anything to enter.
Chumba and LuckyLand both provide free “sweeps cash” with new accounts and via social media contests. You can also send a self-address stamped envelope requesting free sweeps.
Best sweeps casinos online
The following sites use sweepstakes laws and are currently the best legal casino gambling options for New Hampshire players.
Since launch in 2016, these sites have been growing in popularity and are legal, safe and a lot of fun.
What to expect at Chumba Casino
Chumba Casino is available via your web browser at www.ChumbaCasino.com.
The interface and games will adjust to your device. You can play on your smartphone, tablet or desktop computer without having to install an app.
The interface is bright and lively, highlighting the social aspect of this casino.
Most of the games are slots that are exclusively for Chumba and not the same titles you’ll find on casino floors or elsewhere online. What you will find is that many titles have a ring of familiarity about them. Slot studios have used themes like ancient Egypt, native wildlife and luck of the Irish for many years.
Also, there is a blackjack game, video poker options and a single bingo game to enjoy.
What to expect at LuckyLand Slots
Unlike Chumba, LuckyLand Slots are 100% slot games that are custom-made for the site.
Many are equally as complex, colorful and varied as the newest video slots from bigger software houses. Many titles also have progressive jackpots (several with surprisingly high prizes).
LuckyLandSlots.com works in the browser window of either your phone or desktop. No download is necessary, and the games are quick to load. You’ll see a status bar showing your progress through different levels, with the perks and bonuses improving as you go.
You can view your balance at the top of the screen. At any point, you can toggle between the sweeps coins, which you can cash out by exchanging it for dollars) and gold coins, which are for fun-play only.
How to get free sweeps coins
An excellent way for New Hampshire bettors to try out these legal online casinos is to get ahold of some free sweeps coins. This virtual money gives you a shot at winning real money, without any personal risk.
Capture sweeps coins the following ways:
- Chumba Casino Sign-Up Bonus: At Chumba, new players get $2 worth of free sweeps coins solely for registering an account. This amount might be on the small side, though you never know when a lucky spin will turn it into a viable casino bankroll.
- Buy Gold Coins: These casinos can’t sell you sweeps coins, but when you buy gold coins, they will give you some for “free.” You can buy coins with your credit card via a secure interface.
- Matched Welcome Bonus: Look out for a special deal on your first purchase at LuckyLand Slots. They will double the sweeps coins on your first-ever purchase of gold coins.
- Write a Letter: Both sites need a way to give you sweeps coins completely free to operate legally. You’ll find an address for each in their terms and conditions. Write a letter (following the instructions), and you’ll get a small amount of sweeps coins.
- Social Media: Sharing their pages, entering contests and looking out for short-term giveaway deals will help keep your sweeps coins account topped up.
Avoid the offshore operators
Several casinos are based in Central American countries or on the Caribbean Islands that claim to welcome players from the US.
While these sites look legitimate, the risk you are taking with your bankroll is high. While licensed, the governing bodies of offshore gambling sites have little in the way of regulation or oversight.
If you win a jackpot and you do not get paid, there isn’t anything you can do. Worse still, offshore casinos can disappear overnight, taking everyone’s bankroll with them. You’ll need to use expensive gift cards or cryptocurrency even to make a deposit, with opaque withdrawal rules on the back end.
With legal online casino options available, there isn’t any reason for New Hampshire residents to risk their bankroll offshore.
Could regulated online casinos come to New Hampshire?
With sports betting just getting started, online gambling has taken a giant leap forward in the Granite State.
While there isn’t any provision for casino games in the current legislation, – many slot and table game fans will be hoping for an expansion of the gambling plans in the future.
Some states already have online casino games alongside their sportsbooks. New Jersey and Pennsylvania were the first to introduce these.
Tax revenues are the likely driver for a future introduction of online casinos in NH. In turn, this depends on the successful introduction of sports betting. It would then take an amendment to bill H 480, or brand-new legislation before online casinos became a reality.
How would regulated casinos change the market?
The most significant differences between the sweepstakes casinos and those in regulated states are:
- Play for Dollars: Instead of a workaround involving sweeps coins, you’ll be able to play for real money at regulated state casinos.
- Games from Major Studios: Big names in casino slots, including IGT, WMS and Bally have games online in PA and NJ. Also, you will find excellent games from studios that specialize in online games, such as NetEnt and Blueprint Gaming.
- Table Games: Regulated casinos have a range of table games that goes way beyond the single blackjack title at Chumba Casino. These include roulette, craps and many blackjack variations.
- Live Dealer Studios: These work by streaming games live and allowing players to bet on the outcome. They give table games an authentic feel and are more social than software-based games.
- Range of Deposit Options: Regulated casinos allow deposits via cards, bank transfers, electronic wallets or cash.
- Bigger, Better Bonuses: Free-play bonuses, matched deposit offers, reload bonuses, free spins and one-off promotions are all available.
As of right now, there aren’t any discussions around regulating online casino gaming in New Hampshire.
There are legal options for online casino games in New Hampshire. These work via sweepstakes gambling rules. While limited in terms of the number of games, both Chumba Casino and LuckyLand Slots are high-quality and entertaining sites.
With sports betting available, many people hope that the state will look into regulated online casinos at some point soon. These are already working in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and boosting state taxes.
Regulated casinos have many advantages over the sweepstakes ones, including a bigger and better slot selection, more deposit options and a more significant range of bonus deals.